poem of the day by hannah wilbert

Miles Away - Poem by hannah wilbert

The roads look like home

The streets look the same

But yet I know

Were not going home today

Not the same as we came



Its not home

Were way too far

Though it looks like home

I know in my heart

That it will never

Be the same home again.

I look down that long twisted road



It didn't use to look this way

But the news received that fateful day

Was the thing that began this journey



We had been through many tares and snares

Things changed when you left

Saying I'll see you again

With tears in our eyes

We had to say goodbye.

For the very last time



So you left

Going miles away from are home

where we had to stay



Things gained value when you left

Letters turned to gold

Every sentence a story untold

Of the pain and unending fight

For our country, for our rights



Than the letter no one wants to receive

Came in the mail for me

Suddenly In a flash

The world became as broken glass



The good turned into bad

The happiness once shared

Was now gloom and despair.



Time we thought we had

That we didn't keep.

The little memories.

People don't really think.

They take advantage.

And all I could think.

Was why me



Days turned into years

Of loneliness and tears

And as that time slipped by

It felt as if the

Light turned into night

And laughs turned into cries

And it felt like we would never be the same



Why you left i'll never know

But how can you leave when you're still here





As I look back

On the memories of my life

Those precious moments

Just with you



I hear your laugh and see your smile

And in those moments when your so near

Is when my pain slowly started to disappear

And I found hope shining my way

in the dark I found light

Shining oh so bright



And in the midst of my despair

I knew that that you were there

Though I couldn't see before

I know now





And as I see that path before

Ahead of me I'm not so sure

what the future holds

but I do know one thing



he is there

guiding me home

I loved him with all my heart

And I still do

For ill always love you



the home I once traveled to wont be the same for me

the pain is still there

but yet you're with us

in the darkest of days

you will never depart

for you will always be in my heart



and where I once was

I'm miles away from it all

And as I stand where I've been

I can say now

I'm far from where I was then



For I am not the same as I once was

And now im going back to where I belong



It looks like home and feels like it to

Its almost the same

except the absence of you

But I will go home

And be brave for you

You will never depart

For you will always be in my heart

I love you

always

daddy


It looks like home

but were really

miles away 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ex osun Deputy Governor, Omisore Dumps PDP for SDP

INCORPORATION OF COMPANY IN NIGERIA